Black Superfoods Mushroom Pasta
This dish features a variety of black superfoods, including pasta and shiitake mushrooms, which are all packed with essential nutrients and health-promoting benefits. Plus, it’s a great way to incorporate more superfoods into your diet while still enjoying a satisfying and flavourful meal. With just a few simple ingredients and easy steps, you can whip up this tasty and nourishing pasta dish easily!
- 8 oz pasta (your choice)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup Prairie Naturals Organic Cocoa Immune Superfoods Powder
- 1/2 cup organic shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium to large shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Salt, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, grated (optional)
1) Cook the pasta according to the package instructions in salted water until al dente.
2) While the pasta is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
3) Add the shallot and sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
4) Add the sliced mushrooms to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes until they are tender and lightly browned.
5) Stir in the orgranic Cocoa Immune Superfoods powder and garlic, add salt and pepper to taste.
6) Drain the pasta and add it to the skillet with the mushroom sauce. Toss to coat the pasta evenly with the sauce.
7) Serve hot, garnished with basil and grated Parmesan cheese if desired.