Hearty Superfood Stew
With the warming aroma of garlic and red onion sautéed in olive oil or coconut oil, combined with a delightful medley of coriander, turmeric, cayenne pepper, chili flakes, paprika, Organic & Fermented Barley Grass Powder, Organic & Fermented Turmeric powder, Organic Moringa powder and Bone Broth powder from Prairie Naturals, every spoonful is an explosion of flavours. Bursting with a rich blend of spices and vibrant ingredients, this hearty stew is a true delight for both your senses and your health.
2 TBS Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
2 Large Garlic Cloves, Crushed
1/2 Large Red Onion, Diced
1/2 TSP Ground Coriander
1 Heaping TSP Prairie Naturals Fermented & Organic Turmeric Powder
1/2 TSP Cayenne Pepper
1 Pinch Chili Flakes
1/2 TSP Paprika
1 TBS Prairie Naturals Fermented & Organic Barley Grass Powder
1 TSP Prairie Naturals Organic Moringa Powder
2 Large Sweet Potatoes (approx. 800g) Peeled & Chopped Into Small Cubes
1 TBS Tomato Puree
2x 400g Cans Tomatoes
2x 400g Cans Black Beans, Drained & Rinsed
400 mL Water
4 Scoops Prairie Naturals Chicken Bone Broth Powder
2-3 Handfuls Fresh Spinach or Kale
Salt & Pepper
1) Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into small cubes and dice the red onion.
2) Heat a large pot on medium heat with olive oil, garlic and onion with a pinch of salt & pepper and fry for a couple minutes.
3) Add all the spices and mix together before adding the sweet potato along with a pinch of salt & pepper. Fry together for a couple minutes making sure to stir.
4) Add the tinned tomatoes, tomato puree, black beans, chicken bone broth, water and a pinch of pepper and mix together.
5) Bring to a boil then reduce to a low heat placing the lid on the pan for 20 to 25 minutes until your desired consistency, I like mine fairly thick.
6) Add the spinach or kale and stir through, allowing it to wilt before taking off the heat.