Broccoli and Cheese Keto Soup
This keto-friendly recipe combines the goodness of nutrient-rich ingredients with the creamy richness of sharp white cheddar. Packed with the goodness of Prairie Naturals Organic Chicken or Beef Bone Broth Powder, this soup is a wholesome treat for your taste buds. The addition of Prairie Naturals Fermented & Organic Turmeric Powder and Organic Chlorella Powder adds a delightful twist, making it both flavourful and nutritious.
3 TBS Unsalted Butter
1 Small White or Yellow Onion, Diced
2 Cloves Garlic, Minced
4 Scoops Prairie Naturals Organic Chicken or Beef Bone Broth Powder
4 Cups Water
2 Cups Coconut Milk
2 Small Heads Broccoli, Cut Into Florets; Steams Cut Into 1-In. Pieces (8 to 10 C.)
3 Oz. Sharp White Cheddar, Grated (1 1/2 Cups)
Freshly Ground Black Pepper
1/2 TSP Prairie Naturals Fermented & Organic Turmeric Powder
1 TSP Prairie Naturals Organic Chlorella Powder
Greek Yogurt or Sour Cream, for Garnish (Optional)
1) In a large pot, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook until soft, (5 minutes). Add garlic and stir until fragrant, (1 minute). Add flour and cook, stirring constantly, until it turns golden, (3 minutes).
2) Add Bone Broth, water and coconut milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and add broccoli. Simmer until broccoli is bright green, (4 minutes), then remove four pretty pieces of broccoli (for garnish) and rinse under cold water. Reduce heat to low and cover partially; simmer until broccoli is tender, (15 minutes).
3) If you have an immersion blender, puree soup in pot. Otherwise, working in batches, carefully puree soup in a blender (holding down lid with an old towel to prevent hot liquid from spurting out the top). Pour pureed soup into a large bowl.
* Note: Immediately whisk in cheddar and season with salt & pepper, turmeric and chlorella.
* Note: Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with Greek yogurt or sour cream (optional), black pepper, and reserved broccoli.