Fermented, Organic Maca is a Nutritional SuperFood Powerhouse!
The peoples of the central Andes attribute their ability to work vigorously at high altitudes and their renowned strength and vitality to eating Maca. Maca (Lepidium meyenii) is an edible, parsnip-like tuber. Maca has often been touted as Peruvian ginseng, owing to the root’s traditional uses for fertility, libido, mental and physical energy, and conditions of menopause, among others. Adaptogens, like Chinese ginseng and Peruvian Maca, are hailed for their ability to reduce the effects stress hormones can have on the body. Prairie Naturals Organic Maca is fermented to increase bioavailability of the nutrient dense root.
Maca – A Gift from the Gods
Highly-valued traditional food and medicine from South America:
• Used for well over 2,000 years by the natives of the Central Andes
• First cultivated in the Junín Plateau close to Cerro de Pasco
Maca’s cultivation is what makes it Unique!
• Grows naturally between 9,000 to 14,000 ft. above sea level
• The region of Junín Plateau & Pasco has:
• Rocky and volcanic soil
• A dry climate
• Little oxygen
• High levels of solar exposure
• Freezing nighttime temperatures during the summer
Delicious ways to consume Prairie Naturals’ fermented maca powder:
• Add a teaspoonful into a butter-coffee or hot chocolate drink
• Mix into a smoothie bowl, cereal or pudding
• Create an energizing smoothie, workout recovery shakes, and juice blend
• Check out our recipe booklet to explore what you can do with Fermented, Organic Maca!
Did you know?
The word maca comes from the Quechua language, “Ma” means grown up and “Ca” means food that provides strength.
Maca is a cruciferous vegetable related to kale, broccoli, watercress, radish and turnip. There are four varieties of maca: cream-yellow, half purple or red, purple, and black colour.