It has been said that the eyes are the mirror of the soul. Unfortunately, for many of us the mirror has lost some of its reflective quality. Problems with eyesight are increasing in North-America at an alarming rate. Nearsightedness has become pandemic, and problems of macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, glaucoma and cataracts are also on the increase.
Clinicians have associated this increase in eye problems with a variety of modern factors.
• Intense levels of ocular stress due to increased video use (computers, television and video games).
• Increased intake of simple sugars in the diet.
• An inadequate amount of nutrients and nutraceuticals to compensate for the accrued damage.
Fortunately, there are natural ways to prevent, and in some cases reverse, the negative effects of our modern lifestyle on our eyesight. European ophthalmologists have been using vitamins, minerals and nutraceuticals in the prevention and treatment of cataracts, glaucoma, macular degeneration myopia, and even eye fatigue for decades. Some of the best researched vitamins, minerals, trace-elements, herbs and nutraceuticals that help protect our eyes from the damage of modern day life, while supplying the body what it needs in its effort to repair existing damage include:
• Carotenoids: Beta-Carotene, Lutein and Zeaxenthin
• Herbs & Foods: Bilberry, Carrot powder, Citrus Bioflavonoids, Schisandra Berries, Spirulina
• Amino-Acids: L-Glutamine and L-Taurine
• Vitamins and Cofactors: Vitamins A, B3, B2, B5, C, E. Biotin Choline, Folic Acid, Inositol and Methionine
• Minerals and Trace-Elements: Calcium, Magnesium, Selenium and Zinc
Click here to learn more about Ocu-Force