Traditional cultures all around the world greatly value broth or soup made by simmering a variety of animal and fish bones. To this day, it is the basis of nutritious soup or stock preparation for culinary experts and health-conscious cooks. Bone broth soups are valued because they are nutrient-dense, easy to digest, and full of health-restorative goodness! Bone broth’s wide array of nutrients is celebrated in various cultures as a tried-&-true remedy for the sick and weak, or simply anyone wishing to build and fortify.
The Nutritive Components of Bone Broth
Bone Broth is one of the most unique and powerful superfoods we have today. Although the exact nutritional content may vary, broth made from bones (along with knuckles, joints & cartilage) is a rich source of digestable collagen, an array of amino acids, hyaluronic acid, chondroitin and glucosamine, easy-to-absorb minerals, and much more!
What is Collagen?
Collagen is the most important and abundant structural protein in the body; present in all connective tissues such as skin, bones, cartilage, tendons, ligaments and blood vessels. It is made primarily of very specific amino acids which, for the most part, are not found in muscle meat and have unique functional properties different from all other proteins. One such function is to protect and repair the gut lining, another is to maintain healthy bones, joints, skin, nails and hair. Deficiencies in collagen can lead to bleeding gums, bruising, and impaired wound healing.
Collagen is composed of a high concentration of certain “non-essential” amino acids – mostly glycine, proline and glutamine. Glycine is used to help create muscle tissue, convert glucose into energy, regulate bile salts and support the liver’s ability to remove toxins. Without glycine, the body would not be able to repair damaged tissues; the skin would become slack and wounds would never heal. Proline & hydroxyproline are the principal amino acids needed to build collagen found in the skin, bones, ligaments and tendons. By increasing the availability of proline, it may be possible to slow down the aging process and enhance skin health. Along with proline, hydroxyproline and glycine, glutamine enhances recovery from injuries, wounds, burns, stress, post-surgery trauma, and most major illnesses.
Bone Broth has three glycosaminoglycans (long-unbranched polysaccharides), all of which are known to repair and restore joint health. Hyaluronic Acid, a water-loving glycosaminoglycan, is an excellent lubricator and shock absorber in the joints, and is naturally-occurring in the skin to help maintain suppleness, hydration & elasticity. Chondroitin sulfate is another glycosaminoglycan present in bone stock. Along with glucosamine, it is popular supplement for the treatment of osteoarthritis.
Bone Broth is one of the most unique and powerful superfoods we have today.
Bone is not a static, inert structure but rather living tissue, a mineral-rich organic matrix of connective tissue. Depending on the type of bone, method and length of cooking time, bone broth can provide essential minerals such as, potassium, sodium, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, sulfur as well as many trace minerals.
The Benefits of Bone Broth
These curative components of bone broth play vital roles in gut health, immune system support, healthy bones and joints, smooth skin and overall healing.
Why Prairie Naturals Organic Bone Broth?
• Organic bone broth powder offers a simple and delicious means of obtaining the nutrition of organic bone broth without the time-consuming effort of finding organic bones and making the broth.
• Prairie Naturals Organic Chicken & Beef Bone Broth Powder uses parts of the animal that traditional cultures prized. All the benefits of homemade bone broth in powdered form.
• Our bones are from organic, grass-fed and grass-finished cattle and free-range chickens, making our certified organic bone broth 100% pasture-raised and free of antibiotics and hormones.
• Prairie Naturals Organic Bone Broth is dairy-free, non-GMO, Paleo friendly, gluten-free, non-allergenic with no MSG or preservatives.
Salty Dog Non-Alcoholic
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 serving Prairie Naturals Organic Chicken Bone Broth powder
- 3 tablespoons fruit-based Kombucha
- Line the rim of a small glass with lime juice & add celtic salt.
- Add a few ice cubes to the glass and pour the rest of the ingredients in.
- Stir gently and enjoy!
Bone Broth Smoothie Bowl
- 2/3 cup Prairie Naturals Organic Beef or Chicken Bone Broth powder
- 1 1/2 cups canned coconut milk
- 1 tbs peeled & chopped fresh ginger
- 1/2 tsp Prairie Naturals Fermented & Organic Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Prairie Naturals Fermented & Organic Red Superfoods powder
- 2/3 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 avocado
- 1 small sprig parsley
- 1/2 tsp raw honey or Stevia to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a glass or bowl and top with your favorite toppings.